GALVANIC ISOLATOR PLUS
FOR ALUMINUM BOATS
The Galvanic Isolator PLUS for Aluminum boats blocks electrolysis currents from flowing in the ground conductor of your shore power hookup. It provides approximately 2.4 volts of isolation to isolate electrolytic voltages from the dock but still pass safety currents to ground in the event of a short circuit, or power leakage on your boat.
Aluminum hulls have a built-in electric potential of -0.75 to -1.0 depending on the alloy, temperature, salinity and water movement. Conventional Galvanic Isolators provide only about -1.2 volts of negative isolation so protection is degraded by up to 80% to negative stray AC or DC voltages when used for Aluminum hulls.
The Yandina Galvanic Isolator PLUS for Aluminum boats provides approximately +/- 2.5 volts isolation in the ground lead of your shore power supply to isolate DC and AC electrolytic voltages coming from the dock.
You can learn more about MARINE ELECTROLYSIS
You can learn more about GALVANIC ISOLATOR FUNCTION
Owner's Manual (pdf format) OWNER'S MANUAL
Page 2 of the Owner's Manual has installation schematics.
- 50 amps AC continuous rating. (30 amps DC).
- Use on any shore power connection up to 50 amps.
- Only one required for dual 30 amp connections.
- Works on 115 or 230 volt supply, one or two phase.
- Will work on foreign hook-ups with ground wire.
- Meets ABYC standards. (Except voltage is doubled and remote monitor omitted.)
- Waterproof - will operate underwater
- No heat produced under normal use.
- Minimal temperature rise on maximum load
- No heatsink mounting base required.
- Two 18" 10 gauge Marine Grade leads.
- Non metallic housing with mounting tabs.
- Ignition protected for use in explosive atmospheres.
- Suitable for operation up to 122 F or 50 C
- Optional Capacitor available for AC leakage
- Mounting and connection hardware included.
- Very compact size, 5.5" x 3" x 1.5"
for general galvanic isolator information.
to download and view the owner's instruction manual using the Acrobat viewer.